Turkish Airlines is a leading global airline flying to over 300 destinations worldwide, more than any other airline in the world. It is also internationally recognized for its excellence in products and services recognized by Skytrax World Airline Awards repeatedly for "Best Airline in Europe", “Best Airline in Southern Europe” and named “World’s Best Business Class Airline Lounge” and “World’s Best Business Class Lounge Dining”. Despite this success, in Canada the Airline was not commonly known for its business travel and luxury status. Brown & Cohen was engaged to help change this perception and drive overall awareness to support the work of its local and international sales and marketing teams.
BROWN & COHEN SOLUTION
- Swift issues management, as needed, to show an active brand and decrease potential for negative news or online comments
- Built relationships with travel writers across the country and educated them on the various offering of the airline
- Regular media releases and story proposal pitching to trade and mainstream travel media covering everything from monthly load numbers to new destinations and airline amenities. Stories included family travel, solo travel, adventure travel, pet travel, business travel and family reunifications.
- Organized press trips covering fashion, exotic destinations, gourmet food, culture/history and sports
- Focused public attention on business class difference sending media and influencers to experience the award-winning flight and airport lounges
- Held corporate lunch events that transformed company boardrooms into “in-flight experiences” complete with Turkish Airlines’ signature Flying Chefs
- Oversaw the Canadian media launch of the new Istanbul Airport, a hub that will have a capacity for 200 million passengers per year after all phases are completed, making it the biggest in the world
- Secured a double feature of Turkish Airlines on Amazon Prime’s Outta Town Adventures
- Organized locals event for travel media and industry VIPs to celebrate Turkish Airlines’ 10 years anniversary flying out of Canada
- Organized book launch for Take Your Seat, Turkey targeting travel agents, foreign embassies, Canadian aviation and government representatives as well as travel press. The goal of the book was to underscore the partnership and similarities of the two countries
- Secured 434 stories cumulatively reaching over 800 million unique impressions
- Coordinated over 45 media trips, garnering 172 unique stories