This Toronto dinner theatre was looking to boost awareness of their theatre and ticket sales to shows, as well as celebrate their 25th anniversary in business.
The Brown & Cohen Solution
Developed media releases that highlighted the key differentiators (the food, quality of actors, audience interaction, etc.) for each opening night.
Worked closely with media – traditional and social - to engage pertinent audiences, build awareness among new demographics.
Coordinated three VIP Opening Night events for “The Fine Art of Murder”, “Celebrity Apprentice” and "Once Upon a Murder" to engage GTA media and social media influencers.
Developed a new online identity for the theatre by redesigning and rebranding the Facebook and Twitter page.
Developed digital content for both Twitter and Facebook that:
- Focused on the theatre as a venue for HR professionals in the GTA, as a destination for corporate events, charity events, singles nights and family celebrations.
- Showcased new shows and unique aspects of the theatre
- Developed and promoted contests and giveaways to drive traffic to the website, boost overall engagement, and add Twitter followers and Facebook likes. Contests included:
* Mystery Mondays, where a murder mystery was played out via Twitter throughout the day. The mystery was then posted on Facebook for fans and followers to win dinner and show at the theatre
* Memory Lane 25th Anniversary contest, where Facebook fans would share the contest and their favourite anniversary memory to promote awareness of Mysteriously Yours’ quarter-century in business. Each week one entry was chosen to win dinner and show at the theatre.
Numerous sold-out evenings throughout both runs of the new shows
Over 30 pieces of media and new media coverage for both VIP Opening Night events including coverage in CBC Radio’s Here and Now, Rogers daytime Toronto, The Grid, BlogTO, FAB Magazine, Town Crier, and numerous blogs including FoodJunkieChronicles and I’m Charming You.
In six months:
- VIP Opening Night events successfully increased likes and follows and created a buzz about the theatre online the night-of and day after.
- Facebook likes increased from 112 to 383 (Up 342%) with weekly demonstrated engagement from fans such as entries to contests and posts sharing their experience with photos.
- Twitter followers increased from 32 to 446 (Up 1,394%) with daily engagement from followers that included retweets of Mysteriously Yours’ content regarding the theatre, new shows and show-themed facts and mentions sharing their experience, promoting the show, posting photos or checking-in on apps like foursquare.
- The Theatre’s Klout score rose from single digits to a score of 47. This score places Mysteriously Yours’ social media presence as on par with, or better than, competing theatre companies in the GTA.
All VIP events and contests were without incident, run with professionalism and received excellent client and participant feedback.