Brown & Cohen Communications & Public Affairs Inc, a dynamic public relations firm headquartered in Toronto, is seeking to fill an internship position.
Since 1991, Brown & Cohen has worked with over 175 private and public sector organizations across Canada in healthcare, finance, hospitality, retail, engineering, not for profit and environment sectors.
Brown & Cohen is part of Public Relations Organization International, a global network of firms with over US$350+ million in billings.
In this position you will work closely with the firm's senior public relations and public affairs professionals to meet client objectives. We are looking for an engaged individual who shows initiative and can work in a fast-paced environment.
The internship position will require the following skills:
- Excellent writing
- Social media knowledge and expertise
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Graphic capabilities a plus
- Event management
- Data base management
Duties will include:
- Writing communication pieces such as media advisories, client reports, newsletter content and social media content
- Daily social media responsibilites such as tweeting, monitoring and
- Managing client's Facebook pages and contributing to social media plans
- Research for client initiatives and story ideas
- Media relations research and list management
- Preparing media coverage for distribution to clients